I have switched to SuperPuTTY. It is available here SuperPuTTY. SuperPuTTy does not use "login scripts". For SSH connections you can pass username and password, however you can not do this for telnet. Here is a SuperPuTTY new session configuration using SSH and passing username and password.
I use Putty for telnet, SSH, and serial connections to. Putty is an excellent terminal program. I also use Putty Connection Manager for Tabbed windows and login scripts.
Putty Connection Manager is a Free Putty Client add-on.
Simon Tatham has released version 0.61 of Putty. Putty 0.61 can be downloaded at: http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/download.html
2011-07-12 PuTTY 0.61 is released
PuTTY 0.61 is out, after over four years (sorry!), with new features, bug fixes, and compatibility updates for Windows 7 and various SSH server software.
These features are new in beta 0.61 (released 2011-07-12):Putty Connection Manager Features
- Kerberos/GSSAPI authentication in SSH-2.
- Local X11 authorisation support on Windows. (Unix already had it, of course.)
- Support for non-fixed-width fonts on Windows.
- GTK 2 support on Unix.
- Specifying the logical host name independently of the physical network address to connect to.
- Crypto and flow control optimisations.
- Support for the
email@example.comSSH-2 compression method.
- Support for new Windows 7 UI features: Aero resizing and jump lists.
- Support for OpenSSH AES-encrypted private key files in PuTTYgen.
- Bug fix: handles OpenSSH private keys with primes in either order.
- Bug fix: corruption of port forwarding is fixed (we think).
- Bug fix: various crashes and hangs when exiting on failure,
- Bug fix: hang in the serial back end on Windows.
- Bug fix: Windows clipboard is now read asynchronously, in case of deadlock due to the clipboard owner being at the far end of the same PuTTY's network connection (either via X forwarding or via tunnelled
- Tabs and dockable windows for PuTTY instances.
- Fully compatible with PuTTY configuration (using registry).
- Easily customizable to optimize workspace (fullscreen, minimze to tray, add/remove toolbar, etc...).
- Automatic login feature regardless to protocol restrictions (user keyboard simulation).
- Post-login commands (execute any shell command when logged).
- Connection Manager : Manage a large number of connections with specific configuration (auto-login, specific PuTTY Session, post-command, etc...).
- Quick connect toolbar to quickly launch a PuTTY connection.
- Import/Export whole connections informations to XML format (generate your configuration automatically from another tool and import it, or export your configuration for backup purpose).
- Encrypted configuration database option available to store connections informations safely (external library supporting AES algorithm used with key sizes of 128, 192 and 256 bits, please refer for the legal status of encryption software in your country).
- Standalone executable, no setup required.
- Localizable : English (default) and French available (only when using setup version, standalone is english only).
- Completely free for commercial and personal use : PuTTY Connection Manager is freeware.