Putty version 0.62 has been released by Simon Tatham. Putty is my favorite Telnet, SSH, Serial Terminal Emulation client.
These features are new in beta 0.62 (released 2011-12-10):
- Security fix: PuTTY no longer retains passwords in memory by mistake.
- Bug fix: Pageant now talks to both new-style clients (0.61 and above) and old-style (0.60 and below).
- Bug fix: PuTTY no longer prints a spurious "Access denied" message when GSSAPI authentication fails.
- Bug fix: PSCP and PSFTP now honour nonstandard port numbers in SSH saved sessions.
- Bug fix: Pageant no longer leaks a file handle when an authentication fails.
- Bug fix: PuTTYtel no longer crashes when saving a session.
- Bug fix: PuTTY now draws underlines under the underlined text instead of sometimes putting them somewhere off to the right.
- Bug fix: PuTTY now should not draw VT100 line drawing characters at the wrong vertical offset
Here are my previous posts on Putty and Putty Connection Manager.